Work for Ekari
Ekari is hiring for the following role
Development and Communications Manager (part-time)
The Development and Communications Manager works closely with and reports to EKARI’s Founder/Executive Director and collaborates with key EKARI board members and volunteers in Seattle who play a vital role in organizational operations.
Development Responsibilities (65% of this position)
- Develop and implement fundraising strategies to cultivate, ask, and steward donors
- Initiate and manage new fundraising activities to diversify funding; increase number of individual donors and partner organizations (including businesses and nonprofits)
- Manage strategy and logistics of annual fundraising event and smaller fundraising events throughout the year; collaborate with annual event planning committee
- Coordinate online year-end campaign and other online campaigns with support from volunteers including possible content writer, graphic designer, website designer, and social media volunteers
- Research grant opportunities; write and coordinate grant applications
- Using Insightly software, input donor data, manage and update records, coordinate donor acknowledgement process, and generate reports for ED, Board of Directors, and Committee’s education and use
Communications Responsibilities (30% of this position)
- Develop and implement marketing and public relations plan
- Supervise development communications (online and print – including annual report) with support from volunteers including possible content writer, graphic designer, website designer, and social media volunteer
- As requested, speak at public presentations on behalf of EKARI
Other Responsibilities (5%)
- Attend monthly board meetings
- Travel to Malawi to visit the field office at least every other year
The successful candidate will have experience with all aspects of fundraising in a small organization as well as with nonprofit communications and volunteer coordination. A passion for creating educational opportunity in Africa is highly desired. Experience of having traveled to or lived internationally is a plus. In addition to demonstrated success in the above areas of work, the ideal candidate will have:
- Knowledge and understanding of fundraising and marketing best practices
- Experience supporting and/or coordinating events required
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of or eager to learn donor management software
- Experience recruiting, training, and managing volunteers
- High ethical standards and ability to maintain confidential donor information
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks with various deadlines and priorities while maintaining exceptional attention to detail
- Sense of humor and flexible demeanor
- A self-starter who is highly motivated and able to work effectively without an office to report to
Education and Experience
Three or more years of successful nonprofit experience with special emphasis on fund development. Experience in communications and volunteer management desired.
This is a part-time (24 hours per week) contract position. Compensation for this .6 FTE position is $25 to $30 per hour dependent upon experience.
Please send resume and cover letter to Elizabeth Ralston, Hiring Committee Chair at [email protected].
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
Applications will be reviewed at the beginning of May.